Originally established in 1996, the Taupo Community Patrol has since increased markedly in strength, ability and respect.
Back in 2000, in Taupo, a meeting took place that led to the foundation of Community Patrols New Zealand (CPNZ) as a national body. We are affiliated to CPNZ, which allows us the benefits that this national body brings to the 150+ individual patrols around NZ.
The role of the Taupo Community Patrol is to assist the Police, and we do this by:
- Patrolling residential, business and commercial areas
- Acting as "eyes and ears" for the Police
- Undertaking surveillance, observation and other tasks as requested by Police
- Taking notes, recording and gathering information (Intel)
- Assisting at accident scenes, etc, when requested
- Watching-out for stolen vehicles
- Reporting signs of suspicious and disorderly activity
- Providing personnel to operate the Taupo CCTV cameras
The Taupo Community Patrol is made-up of ordinary people who want to make a difference and to give something back to their community. If you would like to join the Taupo Community Patrol please click on "Join Our Patrol", or to find out further information, please contact either:
- Sheila 021 073 3734 or
- Roger 027 712 1133